The Janów Podlaski Stud, established in 1817, the oldest state owned and operated horse stud in Poland, is also one of the most beautiful. Despite the name, the stud is situated two kilometers from Janów itself, in a village called Wygoda. Picturesquely set amidst lush meadows along the border river Bug, Janów Podlaski is undeniably a true “equine paradise”. Although the breeding of purebred Arabians has been primarily responsible for Janów Podlaski’s fame worldwide, the Stud’s many achievements within the realm of Anglo-Arabian breeding are also worthy of recognition and respect. A big attraction is the 19th Century stable complex situated in an old park. The oldest of these, the Clock Stable (“Zegarowa”) and the Main Stallion Stable (“Czolowa”) stemming from 1848 and 1841 respectively are the works of the famous architect Henryk Marconi.
Photos – Marko Marciento